Monday, December 8, 2008

Fish Heads

A customer at Green’s Gourmet Grocery marveled at the proprietor’s quick wit and intelligence.

Customer : Tell me, Green, what makes you so smart?

Green : [lowering his voice so the other shoppers won’t hear] I wouldn’t share my secret with just anyone. But since you’re a good and faithful customer, I’ll let you in on it. Fish heads. You eat enough of them, you’ll be positively brilliant.

Customer : You sell them here?

Green : Only $4 a piece

The customer buys three. A week later, he’s back in the store complaining that the fish heads were disgusting and he isn’t any smarter.

Green : You didn’t eat enough

The customer goes home with 20 more fish heads. Two weeks later, he’s back and this time he’s really angry.


Customer : Hey, Green. You’re selling me fish heads for $4 a piece when I can buy the whole fish for $2. You’re ripping me off!

Green : You see? You’re getting smarter already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...